We all know exercise is important for our health. Moving your body regularly has many physical and mental benefits like increased energy, a stronger immune system, and an elevated mood thanks to endorphins. Everyone’s body is also different, and we all respond to various forms of exercise differently. So let’s analyze the benefits and caveats to 5 different forms of exercise: Cardio, HIIT, Crossfit, Weight lifting and Swimming. The great news is, if any of the benefits aren’t motivation enough, each form of exercise will elevate your heart rate enough to help you earn digital rewards through our wellness app coming soon. Learn more about that here.
- Variety: Zumba, soccer, running, other aerobic activities.
- Accessibility, can be done at home or outside.
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Strengthens immune system.
- Increases endurance.
- Effective workouts can be simple.
- Workouts can have a higher impact stress on the body.
- Lack of focus on strengthening specific muscles.
- Workouts don’t often increase weight loss.
- Burn more calories throughout the workout.
- Higher metabolic rate following workout.
- Helps lose fat.
- Increased endurance.
- Easy to do at home.
- No instructor needed.
- Shorter workout time.
- Suitable for both healthy and ‘at risk’ populations.
- Doesn’t lead to specific muscle strengthening and toning.
- Alternating between standing and sitting quickly can lead to dizziness.
- Workouts can cause more soreness.
- Workouts can be too intense for some populations.
- Can improve aerobic fitness and endurance.
- Strengthens and tones muscles.
- Increases agility, flexibility and balance.
- Increases mental strength and agility.
- Burns more calories, increases weight loss.
- Workouts can be modified to goals and needs.
- Workouts are more challenging.
- Workouts are intense and advanced, not for beginners.
- Many workouts can be modified, but modification should be done by a coach.
- Not accessible at home, it requires a gym and a coach.
- Requires more training to avoid serious injuries.
85% of users say their mental health awareness has increased with this app.
Weight Lifting/Strength Training Workouts
- Strengthens muscles and bones.
- Manages your weight, burns fat.
- Improves ability to do everyday activities.
- Helps manage chronic joint and back pain.
- Improve mental strength and agility.
- Workouts can be more simple, can be done without instructor.
- Workouts are easier to tailor to needs.
- Most workouts require equipment or a gym facility.
- Increasing weight increases chances of injury.
- Requires some training to avoid incorrect movements leading to injuries.
- Workouts can be more intense for beginners.
- Includes many of the benefits of cardio, but takes the impact stress off of body.
- Tones and strengthens muscles.
- Helps strengthen heart and lungs.
- Not as accessible, can’t be done at home.
- Chlorine in Rec center pools can be harmful on the skin.
- Requires training to have an effective workout.
Join Our App Waitlist
There are so many more forms of exercise we didn’t include today, but hopefully these pros and cons give you enough to consider when refining your regular workout routine! Having a variety of exercises in your routine can keep you engaged and excited for your next workout. Plus, having specific goals, a set schedule and a routine will help to make consistency easier to achieve. Once it’s been created, you don’t have to think about it, you just have to do it! And our wellness app is sure to help with the doing when you just need the motivation. Learn more about it here, so you can be ready to move to earn!
Disclaimers: The information in this article is not meant to be substitute for advice provided by a doctor or another qualified healthcare provider. Individuals should always consult with a doctor for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Galvan Nodes and the Galvan Blockchain are governed by a Distributed Governance Framework, which is distinct from and not solely controlled by Galvan DAO LLC. Any value derived from Galvan Nodes and IZE Digital Rewards is likely to be uncorrelated with the success or failure of Galvan.
Galvan does not sell tokens. The Galvan Blockchain, which is governed by Galvan Node Owners, self-governs the distribution of tokens. Tokens are earned in exchange for work and action on the Galvan Blockchain. The token is designed to have utility on the Galvan platform for the purchase of Galvan’s products and services. The token is not an investment product and may never have any value outside of the Galvan platform. Galvan Node Owners should not expect to recognize any value from the token other than its utility with Galvan. Galvan does not anticipate correlation between the token value and Galvan’s business activities.
This article may contain forward-looking statements that involve substantial risks and uncertainties. Forward-looking statements discuss plans, strategies, prospects, and expectations concerning the business, operations, markets, risks, and other similar matters. There may be events in the future that we cannot accurately predict or control. Any forward-looking statement contained herein speaks only as of the date on which it is made. Factors or events that could cause our actual results to differ may emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for us to predict all of them. We do not plan to update or revise publicly any forward-looking statements except as required by law.